Jun 24, 2008

Photo Trip Report - Staten Island Graveyard of Ships,


ok, actually this one is from 2005 - but I didn't take any pictures of the first group of ghost ships you run into heading north from Tottenville, the oldest ones, so here's one of those.

And here's a photo trip report from my Sunday return to the Staten Island Graveyard of Ships. Great day, great group, couldn't have had a much more enjoyable day & the thunderstorms were merciful & stayed on the other side of the Kill.

BTW - I'd posted this one on Frogma on Monday - meant to post here, too, but no time & plus Shari had put up a great trip report too, so I figured I'd just hold of 'til I finished the gallery.

You can't really see it unless you click on the picture to get the full-sized version, but you can read "Astoria NYC" on the bow of this classic old ferry. I went looking to see if I could find a picture of the boat when it was still working, searching under Astoria ferry NYC and a few other searches.


Don't think this is the same boat, but it sure looks like the same period, don't you think?

image swiped from World of Stereo Views - lots more neat old stereoscopic views of NY harbor & the boroughs over there.

cross-posted at the Frogma

No comments: