Jan 30, 2010

Icy Paddle

From Proxigean Paddle!


The proxigean high wasn't the bank-buster it was last year - apparently this time it was the 1 a.m. low that was the big deal (to the point that there had been a warning about it in the marine forecast). But we were already at the club, and breakfast was delicious, and we had a good icy paddle with a toasty woodstove, sandwich fixings and homemade soup & applesauce waiting at the clubhouse when we finished (the food was a nice surprise, I only thought we were getting breakfast).

And the photo is of my spare paddle, a Greenland paddle I carry on my front deck at all times except when I'm using it (at which point the Euroblade becomes the spare). It became a very icy paddle on our icy paddle!

Full photo trip report at the link above.

Thanks to all the clubmates who instigated & made it happen!

cross-posted at Frogma

PS - I'm actually posting this after John's but I like his report so I'm changing the time on this so his stays on top.

No comments: